502 kcal (370g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||54.8|
|Vitamin A||22310 IU/kg|
|Vitamin C||2 ppm|
|Vitamin D||780 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||570 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.47|
|Total Omega-6 FA||4.84|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
|Body weight (kg)||Cans 370 g|
|60 +||3/4 per 10 kg|
Prescription Diet™ u/d™ Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for adult dogs for the reduction of oxalate stones formation, reduction of urate stones formation, reduction of cystine stones formation, reduction of copper in the liver and support of renal function in cases of chronic renal insufficiency. This dietetic pet food has a low level of calcium, low level of phosphorus and low level of vitamin D. It also contains a moderate level of sulphur amino acids, a low level of purines, a restricted (low) level of protein but of high quality, a low level of copper and has urine alkalising properties.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food & canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
COMPOSITION: Cereals, eggs and egg derivatives, oils and fats, meat and animal derivatives, various sugars, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, seeds.Protein sources: Dried egg, pork liver.Urine alkalising substances : Potassium citrate, Monosodium phosphate, calcium carbonate.
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
How it works:
- Controlled levels of high quality, highly digestible protein
- Low sodium & calcium
- Promotes desirable urine pH
- Enriched with taurine, L-carnitine & antioxidants
How it helps:
- Reduces the risk of non-struvite stone formation
- Supports vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or accidents
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Hill's Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy, healthy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting